Mottai Rajendran is a distinct figure in Tamil cinema, recognized for his unique bald appearance and robust performances. Born on June 1, 1957, in Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu, India, he has carved a niche for himself in the industry not just as an actor but also as a highly experienced stunt double. Before gaining prominence in front of the camera, his career was largely rooted in the realm of stunts, laying a foundation for his later work as an actor.
Emerging as a henchman in his first film role in 1992’s ‘Thirumathi Palanisamy’, Rajendran, often credited as Naan Kadavul Rajendran, later pivoted to more significant acting parts. His transition was marked by his debut in the critically acclaimed film ‘Pithamagan’ in 2003. Since then, Rajendran has contributed to the success of over 500 South Indian films, showcasing his versatility across various genres. His performances are not only acknowledged by the viewers but also celebrated in the industry, earning him nominations for prestigious awards.
Standing out with his signature look, Rajendran’s physical attributes have become almost synonymous with his on-screen persona. Beyond his professional life, he maintains a private personal sphere. Despite his extensive career and public visibility, he opts to keep details regarding his family and personal relationships discreet, ensuring a clear boundary between his cinematic and personal world.
The profile of A. Rajendran, popularly known as Mottai Rajendran, is a comprehensive overview of his basic details and physical characteristics. Born on June 1, 1957, he has had a substantial career as a stunt double before making his mark as an actor in Tamil cinema.
- Name: A. Rajendran
- Also Known As: Mottai Rajendran, Naan Kadavul Rajendran
- Age: 66 years (as of 2023)
- Date of Birth: June 1, 1957
- Nationality: Indian
- Birth Place: Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu, India
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches
- Weight: 70 kg (Approximate)
- Physical Build:
- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Rajendran’s distinct appearance is accentuated by his bald head, an attribute that has become a signature characteristic in his film roles.
Mottai Rajendran has established a diverse career in the Indian film industry, notably within Tamil cinema, where he began as a stuntman before transitioning into acting roles where he’s often recognized for his distinctive bald appearance and robust performances.
Rajendran’s journey in the film industry began behind the scenes as a stunt double, showcasing his skills in numerous South Indian films. His transition to acting saw a debut that would lead to a robust career as a compelling screen presence. He first appeared on-screen in a significant role with the Tamil film ‘Naan Kadavul’ in 2009, which set the stage for his acting career.
As an actor, Rajendran is renowned for encompassing a wide range of characters, frequently portraying villains and later embracing more comedic roles. He garnered considerable attention for his performance in ‘Eli’, where his comedic timing and unique style left a lasting impression. His versatility spans across various film industries, including Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam films. His contribution to over 500 South Indian films as a stuntman and his pivotal roles on camera underscore his significant impact on Indian cinema.
Mottai Rajendran’s personal life is marked by his discreet nature and dedication to family values. It reflects his inclination towards maintaining a private family space and engaging in fitness-related activities.
Family and Relationships
Mottai Rajendran has been relatively private about his family details. However, it is understood that he is married, and his commitment to family is apparent through his personal conduct and interactions. While not much is public about his wife and children, his roles in cinema often depict strong family bonds, mirroring his own values.
The actor is reputed to be a fitness enthusiast, consistently involved in maintaining his health. Although not much is detailed about his hobbies or whether he has an affinity for playing sports, the discipline in his physical training is often associated with sportsmanship and a keen interest in physical activities.
- Name: Rajendran, professionally known as Mottai Rajendran, is recognized for his distinctive appearance in the Tamil film industry.
- Profession: Before gaining recognition as an actor and comedian, Rajendran worked extensively as a stunt double, having contributed to over 500 South Indian films throughout his career.
- Debut: His acting debut was in the 2003 film Pithamagan.
- Alopecia Universalis: Rajendran has a condition called Alopecia Universalis, which contributes to his unique bald look, earning him the nickname Mottai Rajendran.
- Notable Role: One of his most memorable roles was as a villain in the 2009 film Naan Kadavul.
- Voice: He is equally known for his rough voice, which has become a trademark in his portrayal of various characters.
- Religious Beliefs: Rajendran practices Hinduism, and his religious views remain a part of his personal life.
- Early Life: Previous to his cinema career, he had a stint working with industrial waste, showcasing a diverse range of experiences before his rise to fame in the film industry.